Sunday, November 9, 2008

*Jacob Anthony McNamara*

This time is an anniversary for us. Ten years ago this month, we stood before our church body with an amazing little red-headed baby boy in our arms and dedicated him to the Lord. We pledged to teach him about the Lord and our precious church family was a witness and also themselves pledged in any way that they had interaction with him to help us raise him in the love and admonition of the Lord.

So, when my Outlook reminder comes up, 'anniversary of dedicating Jacob', I try to think over the time that we have been blessed with him and ask the Lord, how we are doing with our promises????

Jacob has been an amazing gift. My sweet soveriegn God has used him in multitudes of ways, especially to grow me and change me. I learned with Jacob that God gives us children, not just for us to raise them up (because they pretty much just do this) but also to grow us up (which we, or should I say 'I', do not do on my own at all!).

When I think back on that time, standing before our church family, holding little Jacob, Cubbie, I called him when he was a baby, we were completely unaware of what was in store(both good and difficult) for us, as I suppose you are with all babies. What an awesome God we have!

And now, ten years later, wow.... words escape me. But, you know him and you love him, too. He is full of energy, he is funny, smart, sensitive and strong. He is brave and fearless, which I guess are the same thing, but it bears repeating with him! :) He is beautiful and I love being his mom!

What will the next ten years bring...? I believe God has great works saved for him! Wanna watch with me? It will be very exciting, I am sure of it!
Thank You, Lord, for the wondrous gift of Jacob!
*...pics to follow...*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm crying. Beautfiful, my friend. I think Jacob is wonderful, and tender and funny and adventurous and smart and I miss my "Ring Prince" so very much!!

Bwynnie said...

Our precious grandson, Jacob! We love that face, that smile, that sweet voice on the phone! You are a miracle each and every day! Can't wait to see you soon!

Tess Cormell said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SO AMAZING. I KNOW I DON'T KNOW THEM VERY WELL BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU, I AM SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED YOU WON'T BE COMING HERE FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR. I WON'T GET TO BABYSIT!!! :(

Amy and Cole said...

I cannot believe it's been 10 years! He is such a wonderful little boy and I am so greatful to have been able to see him grow up! You guys are such wonderful parents, I only hope that I can be half the mother you are! I am very greatful to have such wonderful cousins in my life! Thank you so much for everything, and once again, congratulations on such a wonderful and beautiful family! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Catching up on the MT Macs. Just wanting to praise the Lord for Jacob as well. I was so privileged to be his Sunday School and Awana Cubbie leader as he grew. So much energy and fun he was! Bent more like my own son, so I understand the little guy completely. I remember his dedication, lovely family!

Love you all! Jen O. from Idaho