Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happenings...

I went on vacation...
to the Oregon Coast with my dear mother in law and sister in law!
It was so wonderful! First I flew out of Billings (because, in case you haven't visited the town we have lived in for the last 5 years, there is no airport for the common man here... there is an airport though, but I don't know who its for, and there is a restaurant called The Airport Inn... weird, but true!) to Boise, changing planes in Salt Lake City. I managed alright and didn't toss any cookies, whew! This was my first time flying alone and I was a bit nervous, but all went well. That night I got to meet my parents for dinner, we talked and laughed. It was nice!
The next morning my sister in law, Amber, and my mum in law and I flew out of Boise to Portland. Then we (read:"I" - due to car-sickness) drove to Lincoln City. We stopped for some lunch, drove on, stopped at a grocery store for provisions (coffee, creamer, breakfast, crackers, cheese, fruit, and wine! No, we didn't buy chocolate... because my sweet husband had already snuck some into my suitcase to surprise me! Along with a sweet card, yep, he did!:) Over the next several days we visited, walked on a few different beaches, visited morning, noon, and night, shopped a bit, visited some more, watched a couple of Jane Austen movies, visited into the night and in the early hours of the morning. It was the perfect vacation! Loved it! Those are two precious women I am thankful to have in my life! 





And in other news:
These three are growing, growing, growing! Taller, longer hair, (shorter bangs though! ha-ha:)


Look how big Penelope has gotten!



The wonder of the ocean waves and the vastness of the ocean itself is something I never grow tired of.
It draws me the Lord and His vastness. Wow...

No comments: