Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Latest News

Jacob and Ellie are/were in soccer. I say were b/c Jacob fractured his fourth finger on his right hand and is now in a cast, unable to participate the last week or so. He was really enjoying it though. And a flyer just came home for basketball...of course he wants to play, but we will have to see when the cast will be coming off.
Ellie loves soccer. She has the potential to be a great player, she also has the potential to star in her own daydream right in the middle of the game! And she isn't thrilled with the boyishness of the soccer clothes, so if she plays next year we will looking for pink/sparkled soccer socks, pads, ball, etc! Hmmm...
John has been working 4 ten hour days for a few weeks now. They have been in landscaping season since about mid-July. They will continue until the ground freezes. He likes it, but it is physically exhausting. We have begun to count down to Christmas, all are anxious to hug on our family and friends in ID!
I have been enjoying one more year with Phoebe before she enters Kindergarten. We don't know yet about next year, in regards to public school vs. home school. This year is going well, praise God. Phoebe and I get to help in Jacob and Ellie's classes and help at the library. We also are enjoying Story Hour at the Library and have made some new friends. We found an Awana club that just started up last year and even joined it late last year. This year I am co-directing Cubbies with a dear, sweet friend God has blessed me with here! And in a Women's Bible study. And surprisingly, find myself leading a Moms In Touch Int'l prayer group, praise God. So, I didn't know how I was going to fill the time with the children in public school, but we are very busy! Oh! I even applied for substituting to fill in for the librarian at Nate's school one day, which I found very enjoyable!! Maybe an idea for the future...

No comments: