Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I KNEADED!!!

Oops, I forgot to take a pic, I need to get on the habit still. I am loving to cook these days, well, most days... there are times when I am too tired to get in the kitchen or get the creative juices flowing. (I don't really have "creative" juices, for me that means, just making something! :) Because of a great Pampered Chef show idea, Power Cooking, (cooking up extra beef or chicken and then having a couple more dinners ready after one night in the kitchen) I had some ready to use beef in the freezer... what should I make... Well, I have been wanting to try calzones since we ate them at our beloved friends', the Bantas, (very delicious homemade calzones). So, I looked up the pizza dough recipe on The Food Network and found the one they used, poured some sauce over the ground beef and my sweet husband stopped at the store for cheese! The kids got into it and helped, patting out the single servings of dough, adding ingredients, folding over, crimping the edges and we sat down to a delish dinner! But the part I am most proud of, pathetically, I know, is the dough! I have always secretly wanted to bake bread, etc. but never attempted it for various reasons, the biggest one probably being fear of failure... oh, and that too familiar excuse of too busy and tired. Anyway, I was pretty proud of myself at the kneading part! I was like, 'Look at me! I am kneading!' I conquered my fear of kneading! And the best part is, it turned out yummy. My children ate, for the most part, at our house partial participation deems it a success. And John liked it too!! YAY! I like to make him happy. So, sorry there is no pic, but I think we will be doing it again soon and I will try to snap one for y'all!
XOXO

2 comments:

B.D.Riehl said...

Wahoo! Well done! I'm glad it turned out well. My first Kneading experience I accidently punched and kneaded too much and made some very dense, yeasty bread. It can be oh so easy, but also easy to mess up at times. Way to go!! I am with you: there is just something about making your own bread. And whenever I'm kneading I feel like Caroline on Little House on the Prairie!!! :) Well done, friend!

Amber said...

You go girl!! I've made bread a couple of times but is has been years and there is nothing like fresh homemade bread the smell and the taste is so yummy! Congrats on your accomplishment.