Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My baby...

My beautiful 4th born child. Seven years old.
Phoebe Isabelle-Clare


Wasn't she just yummy!
She was literally the easiest, most angelic baby. God gave me grace and mercy while I adjusted to being a mother of 4, which is such a blessing! He has given to me just as I needed and the desires of my heart and abundantly blessed me.

Heart-breaking, isn't she? (or is it just me and her daddy? :)
After Ellie was born, John asked if he should schedule The Appointment. (You know what I mean by "The Appointment" right? The one where the husband goes to the dr and the dr asks, 'Are you sure you do not want to father any more children?' Yah, that is The Appointment.) And even though I was slow to adjust and needing much more loving instruction and discipline, etc from the Lord, I somehow knew that our family was not complete. OH MY GOODNESS, WAS IT NOT! HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER LIVED WITHOUT PHOEBE?! NEVER. THANK YOU MY SWEET HUSBAND FOR BELIEVING ME AND MY SWEET LORD FOR MY HUSBAND AND MY CHILDREN! YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME.

Oooh, and Daddy love. Sweet...

4 comments:

B.D.Riehl said...

It's not just you. She is so beautiful it does break the heart! Happy Birthday, Sweet girl!! I miss her face...ok, I miss ALL your faces!

B.D.Riehl said...

Oh.My.Goodness!!! I cannot imagine this world without that angel in it! Phew! I'm glad you were listening to God and that John listened to you (although I firmly believe we woudl have had a Phoebe anyway! If God can give a virgin a child...then, you know...He can probably do just about anything in that department!). I'm gald you redirected me to the blog :)

Amber said...

I agree with you on her being so yummy! It's hard for me to see how big she has grow and I am her aunt. Though all of your children are beautiful. God is GOOD!

Bwynnie said...

You have such a wonderful way of expressing your thoughts. Thank you for posting this. We love that God has given us this cute little red-headed Pixie to be a part of our family! Just wouldn't be complete without her.