Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This day in history....

Haha, its not really one of those very interesting facts about some thing that happened on this date in history. Its about my day today. ;-)
Which started last night when I took two night-time cold medicine liqui-gels, and went to bed at 9 o'clock. (With my heating pad under my guts which felt like they had gotten run over by a truck... if you get my meaning, great. If you don't, don't ask. :)
Woke up this am, after sleeping fairly well, probably due to the meds, at 6 am, which is late for me. Get ready for the day, wake up oldest son who has once again turned off his alarm, not just snoozed it, and fallen back asleep 45 minutes past his time to get up. Get children ready by helping them through the routine of every morning, like this;
"Girls, get dressed, its a school morning we need to have breakfast, get snacks, and get the hair basket. Jacob, remember your snack. Come on, girls, finish getting dressed, what do you want for breakfast? We have to leave a little early today, because we are picking up my friend's baby to babysit today. Jacob, sit down and finish your breakfast, did you get you snack? You have football practice at what time tonight? Phoebe, come with me and we will fix your hair, grab some socks, okay? Did you get you snack yet? Where is your backpack? Ellie, remember to grab a snack, you have practice for the play right after school, so come right out and I will try to remember to bring a snack for you to eat on the way there. Bye, Nate, love you, have a good day. Do you feel ok? Do you want to take some cold medicine? Do you want to take one with you to take at lunch? Remember you have piano lessons today after school. Ride safely, see you after school. Jacob, grab a snack and ride safely on the scooter to school. Love you! Bye. Ellie and Phoebe lets go, say good bye to Daddy, do you have your snack? Get your socks and shoes on and grab your backpacks, make sure your folder is in it. DO you need library books or anything today? Ellie, here is your permission slip, you need to cut the bottom off. Here, come here, we need to brush your hair. Ok, lets go! Yes, I am driving you today, so say good bye to Daddy." Meanwhile during this entire time John is repeating everything I say or saying things like, what are you supposed to be doing? What did Mom just tell you to do?!' (And on a 'good' day, I would have also been reminding them all to read their devotionals while they ate their breakfast and to take their vitamins...)
....
Drive to Kacye's house, pick up her 3 month old son, Cayden. We load up Cayden, his bags and his swing. Then off to Phoebe and Ellie's school. Kisses, have a good day, love you, see you later.
Then Cayden and I go home and shortly after, Aliese arrives, the 18 month old I babysit every Tuesday and Thursday.
...Cayden gets picked up at about 2:30 and Aliese and I get ready to load up and pick up the girls. We remember to pack a snack along because we are driving Ellie straight to practice for the play she is in on Saturday. When we get home from dropping Ellie off at practice, we pick up Nate, who just got home form school, and take him to piano lessons. We kill about a half an hour at home before it is time to go pick Nate up. When we get back from that, we take Jacob over to football practice, he doesn't have time to walk today b/c of homework. We come back home and unload for about 15 minutes, Aliese's dad picks her up and Phoebe and I head out to pick up Ellie, first swinging back by Jacob's football practice to drop off his wrist guard which he forgot. :) Now we drive 'across town' to pick up Ellie. Visiting with my sweet friend, Vicki, while there and making plans to have dinner together this weekend. How we dare to make plans away from our calendars I do not know! Maybe it our degree of desperation! HAHA!
After picking up Ellie we get home for a dinner/homework/shower scramble. And as John is working his dinner magic on some banana pancakes (OH YAH!) I run to pick Jacob up and whew!
Now the night version of the morning;
"Finish your homework. Did you finish? Remember spelling words and reading time. Sit down and eat your dinner. Phoebe did you find your Awana book? Read your verse to me, please. Ellie did you finish your spelling words? Jacob, if you don't finish your homework before its time for your shower and you have to stay after school to finish it tomorrow you are going to really regret your decision! (Ooooooooo.) Okay, girls, its time to get in the shower or bath. Take your clean jammies and underwear into the bathroom. Ellie, did you finish? Yay! Did anyone feed Daisy her dinner? Daisy: Rawr, rrr, rrr! Brush teeth, put on jammies. Nate, don't forget to wash your face and floss when you brush. Jacob, its time to go down and shower, brush and floss while you are in there. Girls, its time to get out, make sure your hair is rinsed and when you get out, brush your teeth, its time for bed."

There is more, you know, it goes on and on until all of their sweet, clean little heads are asleep on their pillow. But, alas, I am weary of typing out my life! As I am sure you are weary of reading it!

I thought it might entertain you to read of our day today. I hope!
Much love! XO

4 comments:

Vicki Banta said...

You are going to be so glad you wrote that out, lest we forget. I am totally impressed with the flossing! You are a sweet encouragement to me!

The Goffs said...

Did Jacob remember to bring his snack?? I was in suspence your whole post waiting to find out 8)

Amber said...

Ok so you just exhausted me and I was sitting. I'm not quite sure what to say other than God has made you a wonderful strong woman and mother. How would those kids get through the day with out you:)! The joys of motherhood, the mom song came to mind as I was reading. Take care busy bee!

boysterous said...

oh my gosh that is my morning, everyday, i feel you girl, no wonder we need naps