Thursday, July 22, 2010

Misc...


So, this is my strainer. Why? You ask? Because my mother used before me and she got it from her mother. You know? We don't have many things like that, I don't think most people do anymore. So, I love it. I use it often and I love to wonder of the stories it could tell of thousands of dinners passed. My mother and grandmother both grasped the handles in the same place I do. My mother ate the very meals that my grandma prepared with it, and my sister and I ate meals that my mother prepared with it. I think it is neat to think about, and, yes, I am surely becoming more and more sentimental as years go by. Ha! My grandma raised 4 children, 2 boys followed by 2 girls, like the family I am raising. I love that!

Here is a cute pic of Pheebs, ready for another summer day of play and friends!
and this is me doodling on my hand, the kind of tattoo I would get... but probably never will. :) It is just a vine with little leaves and a flower. The curling at the bottom says 'jesus' in cursive and after this pic I added the Scripture reference Is 46:19 which says, "Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands." The word for Inscribed actually means something like 'cut into'. Precious words, I think. 

1 comment:

B.D.Riehl said...

Whenever I hear that the literal translation is "cut into" I think of how the nails cut into His hands. Forever inscribed, we are.
Love the strainer and the history. i have a coffee mug that was my Dad's that I can't part with. Today I am drinking from my Grandma's coffee mug. I love things like that.
Love you!
Adorable picture of Pheebster, by the way, as usual :)