Thursday, August 12, 2010

My BABY!


Dreamy, I think. I get lost in this picture...




This one stole Daddy's heart. And who could resist?!


I had no idea what my amazing God had in store for me when He knit this one together!


She is like nothing I have ever known. I adore her. And she is 8 years old! 8! Eight! How can she be eight? Where has the time gone since I had my fourth baby? Where did that little red-headed baby girl go? Who is the amazing creation of God who measures herself up against me and is almost up to my neck?! She is awesome. She loves horses and wants to live on a ranch when she grows up. She does not like dresses, or skirts, she doesn't even like a skort now and then. She is only into dress-up when the 'dressing up' is into spiderman, cowboy, ninja, etc. She wore a ski-mask yesterday into the store with me. She wants to wear her cowboy boots with everything. She has the temper to match the rumors about red-heads. She loves to snuggle at bedtime. She misses me when I am away from her. She HAS to kiss Daddy good-bye when he leaves. She misses her family. She wants to be with the boys and do what they are doing. She is trying to learn to skateboard, like Jacob. She also wants to learn piano, like Nate. 
She recently said to me, she doesn't see how her face is cute. Pierced my heart! Shocking partly because people are always commenting on how cute she is. So we are trying to root that doubt out. 
Thanking God for her on her birthday! Wondering what works and good plans God has for her. Can't wait to visit her ranch someday and ride horses with her! 
Yesterday she asked me if ranches cost more than a house. Lord, I love her.

1 comment:

B.D.Riehl said...

Eight?! What?!?!?! Man! Can we come visit your ranch, too, Girlie? And my oh my, beautiful, cute, gorgeous doesn't even begin to describe the beauty of this (and another of yours) girl. Love you!