Sunday, September 25, 2011

Parenting by Phoebe

As a parent, you think you have a lot of responsibility. And you do. But sometimes you think you have more to offer than they need. "They" being The Children obviously.
If only it was this simple:
Phoebe comes to me for help with an issue between she, Ellie, and Jacob involving the Wii. After many years of trying to help sort and fix these types of problems, my answers have come to lean more in the discipline direction than the helping direction. This is just the way of things. So my answer to Phoebe follows along the same lines and goes something like this, " Well, if you guys can't work things out then we will just have to turn the games off, right?"
She stands there looking at me, with quite the look on her face, and then she says,
"Mom. What I need from you is an answer like a yes or a no."


Ohhhhhh , what you need from me is!?  What you need from me is?! Whoa. She doesn't need my speech and preach, she doesn't need me doling out disciplinary action. All she needs is. A yes or a no.

Awesome.
Love it. Things should be a breeze from here on out.

No comments: