Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy HEART Day!


As Valentine's Day approaches, class lists come home from school, papers turn shades of red and pink. Hearts pop up in stores and ads, love becomes the topic of blog posts and devotionals, etc. My mind  flits around ideas of how to show those that I love, that I love them.
 I should make something yummy (and red?) for them on Sunday.
 Should John and I plan to go out (No, but it is Valentine's Day)? 
What in the world should I give him(Is he going to get me something? He should not but he probably will)?
I need to buy the kids Valentines to fill out tonight and send with them tomorrow for school parties. 
I blew it on sending Valentines to our precious family (I'm sorry, we SO LOVE YOU!)
We have been giving the kids Valentines, me to the boys and John to the girls. It stems from a precious memory in my life, my Dad has, from way back, I don't when, how, or why it started, but he gives my sister and I a Valentine each year. Its a card, from him, that he signs himself and something from just him to us, chocolate, flowers, a book, one year he gave me beautiful metal hair combs, I have them in the little box he wrote on and gave them in. Even after we got married, he has continued to give us Valentines and they mean a lot to us. There is just something about a gift from your Dad.
 I have read that the love from a Father to a daughter can either 'make you or break you', its true. And then you flourish or persevere and overcome and heal. 
It is to be a picture of the love we receive from God our Father. It is a big responsibility.
......
I started out intending to make this our Valentine to our family.... I got side-tracked. :)
Here is what I would LIKE to send you. My sweet little cherubs and I sit down with piles of red and pink paper and scissors and glue and MAKE you some lovely, not perfect, just lovely, as in a precious, lovingly- crafted- together- by- a- child/person- that- loves- you- kind- of- lovely, Valentine. But...



...this is going to have to do this year. We do so love you, our dear family and friends! 

see! We do! :)
XOXO




"If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,
 but do not have LOVE,
 I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 
And if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge;
 and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, 
but do not have LOVE, 
I am nothing. 
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, 
but do not have LOVE, 
it benefits me not. 
LOVE is patient, 
LOVE is kind,
 is not jealous;
 LOVE does not brag 
and is not arrogant, 
does not act unbecomingly; 
it does not seek its own, 
is not provoked, 
does not take into account a wrong suffered, 
does not rejoice in unrighteousness,
 but rejoices with the truth; 
bears all things,
 believes all things, 
hopes all things, 
endures all things. 
LOVE never fails;" 
I Corinthians 13:1-8a

2 comments:

Bwynnie said...

How can we not LOVE these words and thoughts of LOVE??? We LOVE you all right back!! XXXXXXXOOOOOOXXXXXX!!!!!! Dad (Daddad) and Mom (Mommom) :0)

Bwynnie said...

Ooops! Forgot this part....
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!