Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Phoebe's devo

Phoebe brought her devotional book out on the porch this morning to read with me and as has happened many times, in the midst of teaching one of my precious children a life lesson, the Lord, ever so sweetly, taps on my very own shoulder and whispers as only He can, "Adrian, are you hearing this?" 
And I answer, "Yes, Lord, this is a good one, my child needs this." 
And He persists, "Adrian. Are you hearing this?" 
Oh. Heh-heh. Umm, yah. 
"Adrian, are you hearing this?" 
"...yes."  (*Speak Lord, for your servant is listening*)
Humbling to find that the lesson you are trying to teach another is actually for you. Mhm. Happens to me all the time. 

So, back to this morning, the title was Satan Is A Thief. The Bible Verse: A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy. John 10:10 
Yep, heard it. But  I didn't hear it. 
The next section is Thoughts to Grow On: ..."Jesus gives you three clues to determine if something is from the devil. 
1. If it will 'steal' anything of yours, such as your honesty or your innocence, it is of the devil.
2. If it will 'kill' anything of yours, such as your hope or your desire to do good, it is of the devil. 
3. If it will 'destroy' anything of yours, such as your good reputation or your faith, it is of the devil. 

Satan wants to ruin your life. Jesus wants to bless your life. When you choose Jesus' way, you win a great victory over the devil. 
Today: Seek a blessed life in Jesus!

I had not thought about this scripture to this extent! I had just thought of stealing goods, killing life, and destruction of things or buildings. But today, this morning, as Phoebe is reading her 'Early Reader Devotional and Prayer' book aloud to me, I learned more about the enemy's tactics. I love it when He takes a somewhat simple verse, and soaks it fully into my heart. So I will be working on my latest lesson-learned-while-trying-to-teach-my children lesson. Thank You, Lord. 
On a spiritual level, beware of the enemy seeking to steal, kill, and destroy. Your honesty, your innocence, your hope, your desire to do good, your good reputation, or your faith. 
Satan wants to ruin your life. 
Jesus wants to bless your life. 

Blessings, love and prayers! XO  



3 comments:

B.D.Riehl said...

Thank you for sharing. I need that reminder oh-so-often.

B.D.Riehl said...

Hey, I linked to this post from my blog - hope you don't mind! Love you and was truly so affected by this!
And Pheobster - love that face!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post Hon! I love you! You too Phoebe!