Friday, June 11, 2010

...a title...what to title....title...hmm.....

First Softball Game-
Oh my, where to start for you...
Ellie and Phoebe are on a softball team together this year. First year. 6-9 year old girls, I think was the age range  I overheard a woman say tonight. 6-9 year old. girls.
Some of these girls knew what they were doing. sort of. You know, they had played before and could get a hit when it was pitched right to them. Others...(my adorable daughters) swung at almost anything, barely swung, and needless to say, struck out. They are just starting out and giving the game a try. They get 3 pitches by a player and 2 from the coach. Each of them. Which is most of them, like I said, a few of them could get a hit. And most hits were either out of bounds or right in the very, very in-field. So the first time in from the outfield, Phoebe came over and I was talking to her about keeping her mit on her hand and watching the ball game. Yes, yes, mom, I am... Did you see the horses?! I said, horses? No, I did not see the horses. Oh Boy. 2 hours later, is all I am going to say. 2 Hours. First game. Part of the time I amused myself imagining how the 4 men coaching were handling  it. I didn't see any signs of impatience or anything, I just wondered if any of them were pondering knocking themselves unconscious with one of those baseball bats. Ha-ha.
It will be fun interesting to see how things progress over the next few weeks. :) Anyway, John had to work and I didn't know any other parents very well, or at all, so I just sat there. Did I mention it was for 2 hours? Yep, 2 hours. I texted my sister and mom a bit and told them I wished they were there! And I did! I wished someone were there with me to... enjoy the game with me... for 2 hours. And I do get the people who bring their own chairs... and bags of things to do.... for 2 hours.  :)heehee  Okay, I am kidding, a little. Ellie actually asked between innings at one point, Mom are you bored? Whenever I look at you you are just sitting there with your head on your hands. I told her I was just peacefully watching. Which is true. It was interesting to 'people watch' and 'people listen' and just relax. (although, again, not loving the bleachers). for 2 hours. Ha-haaa

1 comment:

Bwynnie said...

How long was that game???? LOL :0) Wish we could bring our lawn chairs, cooler, radio, umbrella, a pillow, magazine....and watch, too! You go girls!!!