Friday, February 1, 2008

Tongue tied?

Flashback to your childhood... were you the child who got their tongue frozen to the pole? Once and you learned your lesson? More than once and you had to also test other surfaces for tongue stick-ability? Or were you the one who believed the reports of others and just watched others try it out? Well, I have all of the above in my family. One who just shakes their head at the others, no way - I don't want to get my tongue stuck and have to rip it off! One that tried it really quick one time. And two that have tried it repeatedly, and repeatedly gotten their tongues stuck, and one of these even tries different surfaces to see how they measure up! I think I'll let you make guesses as to which is which! :) Happy guessing!

3 comments:

davec777 said...

I'll take a stab at this one. I'm betting Nate for the one who knows better than to try. Phoebe as the one timer and Jacob & Ellie as the multiple times. Hope you guys are doing well and haven't had too many tongue injuries LOL

Casa of Corn said...

Hey, I remember trying it once on the metal jungle gym at Valley View grade school-- OUCH! And a long while later I think I just put the very tip of my tongue on some metal and took it right away, I guess I was trying to show myself that since I was older I was a bit wiser too. Ya right. Haven't tried it since then and don't plan to in the future!...unless I have a cup of warm water with me ;)
Shon

Casa of Corn said...

oops, "took it OFF right away". I left the "off" out of one of those sentences. Oh, here it is, it's stuck to this pole! I'm still not that smart. ShonDUH!