Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year


I really shouldn't title this post that way, because I have next to zero knowledge about Chinese New Year. But, yesterday Jacob came home talking about what he had learned in school that day. So, John jumped on the web and we checked out what animals we all were, due to what year we were born. It is similar to the whole zodiac sign thing in that there are characteristics, strengths and weaknesses, etc. No place to live but a fun place to visit for ... 'kicks and giggles'! (to quote my husband of all people!!! Ha~THX, Macky!) So, obviously, some of it was on and some not. John's was a surprisingly good depiction of him, and conversely, as Nate was the same thing, the year of the pig does not represent him well at all. Jacob is a tiger and much of it sounded like him ( I cannot wait to see what great things God has planned to use Jacob for besides the mammoth job of changing me in so many ways!!). Phoebe is a horse...she had just rode her stick horse in and out of the room...'nuff said. And this one I love the most, Ellie's animal is the only mythological creature in the Chinese calender, a dragon. And if you are a fan of Dragon Tales, you know how pretty and magical the dragons can be, which applies to Ellie perfectly. She floats through her days as though she is from another world. There is a reflection of a magic kingdom in her eyes. I told her this morning that I think she is actually a princess from another land. She smiled a beautiful smile and her eyes twinkled.***

No comments: