Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How long til Christmas?

This is our Jakey, whenever the kids put their hats on backwards they say, look, I'm Uncle Jake!
( at a rented cabin last year, just outside of Yellowstone...<3)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the question at our house these days. We are at the same time excited and sad this year. We cannot go home for Christmas because of the job change, there is no vacation time until February. So, that is our sadness, we will miss seeing my parents and my sister and her sweet fam and so many precious friends. Our sweet consolation is that a bit of home is coming to us! Our McNamara family is coming to have a MT McChristmas!


Last night, John was talking to his brother, the baby brother that we don't hear from as much, he is leading the 20-something bachelor's life, all work and more play! But when we do get him, he is the sweetest! So, he called just as I was heading to bed, John passed the phone so I could say good night, and I told him we were counting down days (Phoebe brings me the calendar every week and asks show me how long til Christmas). He said he cannot wait either. I told him we were planning where everyone would sleep (praise God we have room to house ourselves and the rest of the Macs!) and John was picking a place where Jake would be comfortable and away from the noise as much as possible because he has a rep for sleeping in! (Isn't my husband thoughtful and sweet) But, not me, I said, no way, we only have a few days together, I am waking Jake up every morning for family time, he can sleep when he gets home! When I told him this, he said, right! No sleeping, no way. He is on board!(and that is no small thing, if you knew our Jake and his nocturnal habits) He said he would sleep on the roof if he had to, just to be here! How sweet is that! (He hasn't experienced a MT winter and the frigid temps, but don't worry, we will have him safely and warmly tucked inside!)
About 53 +/- days left Jakey! We cannot wait to hug on you all! XOXOX See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I was writing a long, special comment for you when Raegan crawled under the desk and pushed the reset button on the computer. Oh how I LOVE that she can crawl now. Ugh:) The short version: I'm excited for Christmas too!! Can't wait to put Rae on that Santa's knee in the Mall. Wish you could come home SOON. For GOOD. But am glad that you will have such a fun McChristmas:) Love you!!!