Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.

We have soooo much to be thankful for....
1. Praise God for His grace and mercy which surrounds us and protects more times than we know!
2. Yesterday we got to praise God for the girls' squabbling, God urged me to go over and have a close-up talk with them, which led to a Hallelujah moment that otherwise could have been a deep sorrow. (your guessing there is a story there and you are right...but it is for another time)
3. Is there a scripture for the Lord laughing or smiling? Because I am continually thankful for His gifts to us of those! There is joy in the Lord!
4. Thank you my compassionate God, for friends to sit by the pool with, to pray with, to watch Bible teaching shows with, to go to coffee and Bible study with, to email, blog, and Facebook with....etc.
5. I am sooo thankful for my fabulous family. John and my children are some of my favorite things! It gives me a glimpse of how God delights in us.

And that is my power-packed five for today!
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love is everlasting!

2 comments:

Vicki Banta said...

So thankful for you every day but, especially thankful for your lifeguard abilities on Wednesday. Sweet post, Love ya!

Laura Thulesen said...

Adrian - hey, this verse is one I like - not quite smiling or laughing but almost better I think:
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." :)
Laura