Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I am a blessed man!


I have been truly blessed with an incredible woman! Now, all of you who know Adrian know how humble she is, and she will be practically mortified that I posted this, but here goes...
It is difficult to put into words, as I type this, all that I love about Adrian. I guess the easiest way to describe it, would be to identify the common denominator. And that would be her relationship with her Lord Jesus. As many of you know, I was raised in a christain home, but my walk has been very slow (based on knowledge and not love, anyway...) But, in Adrian's case, I got to see her walk from the beginning starting in high school. Her relationship is based on love.
This love for her Savior has caused her to stretch beyond her comfort zones in faith and obedience in many areas in her life. Sometimes I think her putting up with me is part of that obedience! Ha, ha! It has also made her a phenominal mother to our 4 children. I love my kids very much, I can't imagine being able to love them more, but I know that Adrian loves them more! She helps me to see how precious they are.
I have seen her love grow for her friends, immediate family, and extended family. One very powerful way would be her becoming a prayer warrior, even to the point of leading prayer groups. If anyone were to say to her, a couple years ago, that she would be doing this, she would laugh in disbelief.
I would seriously be lost without her. I would go into more detail, but I come out sounding like some kid she's taking care of! It's okay, you can laugh... she will laugh at that too. The truth is often funnier than fiction. Ha, ha! But, I degress...
You know she started working at a local barrista recently. To no surprise she is picking up everything very quickly and becoming someone that the owners can rely upon. She mentioned one day, after work, the cold reception she got from some of the teenage girls working there. The first thing I thought of is it's too bad they have no idea what they are missing out on by not getting to know her!
I praise God for the heart He has given Adrian and the work He is doing in her. She is a great witness and inspiration to me!
I Love You Adrian!
John
P.S. I think she's hot too!

8 comments:

Tess Cormell said...

OH ADRIAN! WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN YOU ARE MARRIED TO! WHAT A SWEET SURPRISE HE WROTE FOR YOU!

BOTH OF YOU ARE JUST AMAZING--SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE!

Adrian said...

...wow. I just found this b/c of Tess' comment. Thank you, Macky.
I am almost at a loss for words...almost! :) Well, I see things differently on the point that, I am the one that God abundantly blessed with a patient and understanding husband. I could write a whole separate blog on how much he has had to put up with and forgive me for over the years. I don't know how he has done it. I thank God, Who in His great wisdom matched me with someone who would patiently love me while God gives me a much needed overhaul. God is good. And I have a sweet husband!
with much gratitude~Adrian

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you, John: you are a blessed man! I have been on the receiving end of Adrian's unconditional love, patience and honesty for many years and God has blessed me abundandtly through her. Thanks for sharing your amazing gal with the rest of us:) Those silly baristas are missing out! You're a pretty swell guy yourself! MIss you guys!!

Bwynnie said...

Of course I'm all teary eyed...God has been so gracious, wonderful, and loving to us, that we could enjoy the peace that comes from knowing that your son is married to someone who cares so deeply and loves him so much. And that he is so thoroughly in love with her. You are a wonderful picture of what God intends a marriage to be. Adrian, I just can't imagine our family without you!!!

davec777 said...

This is so sweet! I'm glad you two have each other!

Tess Cormell said...

OH ADRIAN!

YOU ARE SO WONDERFUL! THANK FOR BEING SUCH A POSITIVE VOICE IN MY LIFE! MY EYES ARE ALL MISTY RIGHT NOW--JUST THANK YOU!!!!

TESS

Anonymous said...

I think there are many things that we could say to you both about how wonderful we think you are. John what a special gift for you to share with us what Adrian means to you. God is so good and you are both examples of how he can work in ourselves and in marriages. What an awsesome God He is! God blessed me eight years ago when he first sent Mike to me and then when I realized what a beautiful family came with him and I am thankful for that everyday.WOW! I can't put into words anything else.
Love to you both!
Amber

nancy said...

Adrian and John,
What a beautiful testimony of your marriage - all that you have given and received to and from each other - all that Christ has provided for you and that you have been willing to accept - thank you for being willing to share this with all of us!!! We love you and miss you terribly, Bruce and Nancy