Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Endless Things...

...so, I have been forming this list in my mind over some time and tonight it turned into a post. As you can see it started out a somewhat negative thing, but tonight I gave it more thought and the positives surfaced.
Endless;
~Chores: dishes, meals, grocery shopping, cleaning, tidying, laundry, etc., etc.
~Obligations, Obligations, Obligations! (this covers more things than I will list)
~Bills
~Things I need to do
~Things I should do
~Things I am not getting to
~Dust
~Projects
~Work
~The next thing
Some of these cross over into each other and here is where the list gets dicey...
Endlessly, my children grow before my eyes, this one is bittersweet. Also, it will end one day, which leads to my next list...
Ending;
~My time with my children and so many others that I love.
~Life, youth, health, strength
~My season as a mother of young children/ babies
~The hold that anxiety and fear have had on me
~My willingness to accept things that aren't as they should be
~Time that I allow to go by without my eyes/ heart/ mind/ my very being focused on Jesus
~Letting moments get by without doing what needs to be done
~My years of being chronically lazy...hooray!
~The darkness in my heart, time without peace or joy
And now the good Endless;
~Strength by the grace of an Almighty God
~Love and Forgiveness in Jesus' name
~Opportunities to reflect Christ and to grow in Him
~God's Goodness
and In light of Eternity, endless time, all fades
and nothing can really follow that! Thank You, Lord!
***********************************************************************
Love you!
To quote my sweet friend Vicki's recent post, "It's a Great Day to be You!"
Merry Christmas!

UPDATE: I JUST FINISHED THIS POST, RE-READ IT A COUPLE OF TIMES AND WAS ABOUT TO MOVE ON WHEN SUDDENLY IT HIT ME! MY CHILDREN GROWING BEFORE MY EYES IS NOT THE ONLY THING ON MY 'ENDLESS' LIST THAT WILL ACTUALLY END! ALL OF THE THINGS ON THAT FIRST LIST WILL END ONE DAY! HALLELUJAH!!!
It IS a great day to be me! :) heehee (not that I didn't think that before, but wohoo! I just had an epiphany moment!)

No comments: