Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanking God...


Yesterday, Phoebe and I slid off of the road on the ice after doing a 180. We slid into a ditch and felt sure God saved us from tipping over. It was slippery yesterday and I had been driving in it all day, so I was not being careless. I felt the tires lose grip and we began to slide, it was very scary. But God's will was for protection and there wasn't another car on the road for us to hit, because we would have. And on the left side of the road was a rock wall, but we went off the right. John said if we had been going faster we would have tipped when we went into he ditch, it was very steep. Thank God we are diligent about seatbelts. All is well. Phoebe and I were quite shook up, but we took to telling our upset stomachs to settle down because God took care of us and we are fine. Could have been much worse. The suburban is fine, John and a friend got it out and just had to change a tire. John said when they got it to come up out of the ditch the front wheel was about four feet straight up in the air. Whew... counting our blessings.

Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3 NLT

4 comments:

davec777 said...

Praise God you two are all right. Our God is a great God!

B.D.Riehl said...

Thank God is right! I am so glad it was in His will to keep two of the most precious ladies in my world safe!! Love you!!! Have you read "90 Minutes in Heaven"?

Anonymous said...

Praise God you alright! He is soo good to His people! Luv ya! Cynthia

Bwynnie said...

Praise the Lord! We are so grateful for His goodness! Hug each other for us...xox!!!