Monday, November 7, 2011

Its Dinner Time...again!

Chicken with Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning(shameless plug!) in the oven to bake.
Red onion in the pan to caramelize.(my eyes are still burning!)
Ground beef on top of the onion. Taco seasoning and some salsa.
Fry up some corn tortillas./Nacho ships./And flour shells.
Chopped tomato.
Chopped olive.
...Chopped pickle... yah, I said pickle!  Its good, ok?! People who try it - like it!
Sour cream.
Lettuce.


In the past I have bucked the Stand-bys. You know, the Stand-bys, those meals you make often and that go over well. And that you don't have to follow a recipe card! I love trying new things and following the recipe! I totally love it! And when it works and the thing is good! Yes!
But you know, we have our Stand-bys... spaghetti, stroganoff, hamburgers (in season), french dip sandwiches,
haystacks, chicken casserole, baked chicken, buttered noodles and Parmesan, and, of course, tacos! So, for a while, I was just tired of making the same stuff. But lately, I think - Why fight it if it works?!?!
So let's hear it for the Stand-bys!
Love it!  
Besides its always nice when the kids walk in the kitchen and their eyebrows go up and they say, "Are we having_____?! YES! (vs. WHAT is that? Do WE have to eat that?) ha-ha... ya.



No comments: