Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Updates...




Well, sweet friends and family,
this one may be power-packed!
~A funny first:
Jacob walks through the room while I am working out to a dvd and the girl on it says something about glutes. He asks what are glutes? And I said its your behind, the muscles of your behind. And he replies, "T.M.I"

So far this summer 'break', we have had Jacob's baseball games, Vacation Bible school, Jacob had basketball camp and now the older three are at church camp this week and Nate will go for youth camp next week. We also continue to have our friends' little sweet 5 month old, Aliese, two days a week. We are having bike rides often b/c Phoebe was more than ready to have hertraining wheels off and John finally had moment to remove them and take about five minutes to get her off and riding her two-wheeler on two wheels! So now we can take real bike rides. We rode downtown for the parade on the fourth of July, and one day Nate and I rode all over town to his school and John's work and stopped in for a frozen coffe drink, too! :)
So, a fun-packed summer so far!

And on a different note,
my sister had her mastectomy. It went well. Lymph nodes were clear and genetics test negative. And beyond that, what can be said? A difficult thing... and no matter what we all try to offer in words or actions to give comfort and encouragement and sympathy, it is a lone journey of sorts. Even to talk to others who have gone through it, still she must walk her own way through it. I see only prayer as a real thing to offer, only the Lord knows us to our core. Only He can give healing to our souls and comfort to our hearts. And so I pray, Jesus, our Comforter, the all- knowing God, You alone give peace that surpasses understanding, may Your perfect will be done and may she receive comfort and healing body and soul from You, Lord. In Your strong Name I pray, Amen.

And lastly, my birthday is the springboard for our family's birthdays each year, and so we are off! :) I had my 36th birthday and it was good! Although I don't know where the last 8-10 years went, I am glad to be here and feeling good. God is gracious and merciful. He has been faithful and ever so patient to continue the work He started in me so many years ago. My heart is at peace, I have been excercizing to be and feel healthy since February and I have made a bit of progress. Long term goals and yet living my life with intention and an appreciation for the here and now. I have been blessed, as I think it is Martina McBride sings.

So, that is enough of an update!
Thank you for stopping in! Would love to hear from you! Praying God's blessings on you. Love, Love, Love!
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and present you before His glorious presence without blemish with great joy. To the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power and authority forever and ever, Amen!

3 comments:

davec777 said...

Love the update, Adrian. Thanks for letting me know about your sister too. She will be on my prayer list. It sounds like you are having our kind of summer - busy busy. Anyway, good for you for exercising. That is an area I really need to work on....

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Love, luv, kiss, hug to you all. Glad you are having a fun summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime! Love, Gran

BecJen said...

Hey Gang! Sounds like you are having a fantastic summer! Love it. We started off that way and now everything is coming to an end. Seth stared walking lst week all on his own at 10 1/2 months, WOW. Anyway, I am so glad that you do this blog so that for those of us so far away are still know the goings on. I check in on you guys about once a month or so. Keep it up and keep those kids busy. Love you all, Bec